Zeiss 880 Ariyscan
The Zeiss 880 confocal is an inverted microscope equipped with Airyscan ‘super-resolution detector’. In addition the system is fitted with z-peizo, definite focus, fast-Airyscan module and an environmental chamber for super-resolution live cell imaging. The motorized stage can be used for image stitching of large samples and time-lapse imaging at multiple positions.
- Imaging fixed tissue culture cells tissue sections labelled with 3 or 4 fluorophores for cellular architecture, localisation or co-localisation studies at resolution beyond that achievable with standard confocal microscopes.
- Fast imaging in XY and Z dimensions
- Environmental chamber for time-lapse imaging at 37oC with 5% CO2 (possible at super-resolution).
- Programmable stage for imaging larger structures such as organ slices, or multiple points on a slide.
- Zeiss 880 Laser Scanning Microscope fitted with Airyscan detector
- Incubator system for live-cell imaging and temperature control
- 6 laser lines
- Freely selectable ROI for laser scanning, bleaching and photoactivation
- xy, xz, xyz, xyzt, lambda, line scan and spot scan modes
- DIC optics
- Peizo stage insert
- Definite focus
Zeiss 880 Laser Lines
|Laser||Excitation Lines||Suitable Dyes|
|Solid State||405nm||Alexa 405, DAPI, Hoechst|
|488nm||Alexa 488, FITC, GFP, Cy2|
|515nm||Alexa 514, YFP|
|Solid State||561nm||Alexa 546, TRITC, Cy3, DiI, propidium iodide, Texas red , mCherry|
|Solid State||633nm||Alexa 633, Alexa 647, Cy5|
Selected publications from the Zeiss 880 Airyscan:
- An Autonomous Oscillation Times and Executes Centriole Biogenesis. Aydogan G, Steinacker T, Mofatteh M, Wilmott Z, Zhou F, Gartenmann L, Wainman A, Saurya S, Novak Z, Wong S-S, Goriely A, Boemo M, Raff J. Cell 181 (7):1566-1581. (2020).
- Nucleoplasmic Reticulum Formation in Human Endometrial Cells is Steroid Hormone Responsive and Recruits Nascent Components. Pytowski L, Drozdz MM, Jiang H, Hernandez Z, Kumar K, Knott E, Vaux DJ. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 20(23), 5839. (2019).
- RNA/DNA Hybrid Interactome Identifies DXH9 as a Molecular Player in Transcriptional Termination and R-Loop-Associated DNA Damage. Cristini A, Groh M, Kristiansen M, Gromak N Cell Reports 23, 1891–1905 (2018).
- A homeostatic clock sets daughter centriole size in flies. Aydogan MG, Wainman A, Saurya S, Steinacker TL, Caballe A, Novak ZA, Baumbach J, Muschalik N, Raff JW. J Cell Biol. 217(4):1233-1248. (2018).
- Structural Basis for Mitotic Centrosome Assembly in Flies. Feng Z, Caballe A, Wainman A, Johnson S, Haensele AFM, Cottee MA, Conduit PT, Lea SM, Raff JW. Cell. 169(6):1078-1089. (2017).
- An X-ray shielded irradiation assay reveals EMT transcription factors control pluripotent adult stem cell migration in vivo in planarians. Abnave P, Aboukhatwa E, Kosaka N, Thompson J, Hill MA, Aboobaker AA. Development. pii: dev.154971. (2017).