Olympus Fluoview FV1200
The FV1200 confocal is an inverted IX83 microscope equipped with sensitive GASP detectors, a second 'SIM' scan-head for DNA damage laser experiments and an environmental chamber for live cell work. The motorized stage can be used for image stitching of large samples and time-lapse imaging at multiple positions. Accompanying Imaris Software is available for 3D image reconstruction.
- Imaging fixed tissue culture cells tissue sections labelled with 3 or 4 fluorophores for cellular architecture, localisation or co-localisation studies.
- Imaging of thicker samples such as organoids, embryos etc.
- ‘SIM' scan-head for simultaneous imaging and laser ablation (DNA damaging).
- Environmental chamber for time-lapse imaging at 37oC with 5% CO2.
- Programmable stage for imaging larger structures such as organ slices, or multiple points on a slide.
- FluoView Spectral FV1200 Laser Scanning Microscope based on a IX83 motorized inverted microscope
- CellVivo incubator system for live-cell imaging and temperature control
- 6 laser lines
- 3 standard PMT and 2 high sensitive GaAsP detectors.
- Freely selectable ROI for laser scanning, bleaching and photoactivation
- Scan speeds of up to 4 frames/second with 512 x 512 pixels
- xy, xz, xyz, xyzt, lambda, line scan and spot scan modes
FV1200 Laser Lines
|Laser||Excitation Lines||Suitable Dyes|
|Solid State||405nm||Alexa 405, DAPI, Hoechst|
|488nm||Alexa 488, FITC, GFP, Cy2|
|515nm||Alexa 514, YFP|
|Solid State||559nm||Alexa 546, TRITC, Cy3, DiI, propidium iodide, Texas red , mCherry|
|Solid State||635nm||Alexa 633, Alexa 647, Cy5|
Selected publications from the FV1200:
- Non-apoptotic caspase activation preserves Drosophila intestinal progenitor cells in quiescence. Lewis Arthurton, Dominik Antoni Nahotko, Jana Alonso, Franz Wendler & Luis Alberto Baena-Lopez. EMBO Rep (2020)21:e48892 (2020).
- Commensal Neisseria cinerea impairs Neisseria meningitidis microcolony development and reduces pathogen colonisation of epithelial cells. Rafael Custodio, Errin Johnson, Guangyu Liu, Christoph M. Tang, Rachel M. Exley. PLOS Pathogens | March 24 (2020).
- Discovery and Characterization of ZUFSP/ZUP1, a Distinct Deubiquitinase Class Important for Genome Stability. Kwasna D, Abdul Rehman SA, Natarajan J, Matthews S, Madden R, De Cesare V, Weidlich S, Virdee S, Ahel I, Gibbs-Seymour I, Kulathu Y. Mol Cell. 5;70(1):150-164. (2018).
- Long-lived unipotent Blimp1-positive luminal stem cells drive mammary gland organogenesis throughout adult life. Elias S, Morgan MA, Bikoff EK, Robertson EJ. Nat Commun. 8(1):1714. (2017).
- Structural insights into the function of ZRANB3 in replication stress response. Sebesta M, Cooper CDO, Ariza A, Carnie CJ, Ahel D. Nat Commun. 8:15847. (2017).
- HPF1/C4orf27 Is a PARP-1-Interacting Protein that Regulates PARP-1 ADP-Ribosylation Activity. Gibbs-Seymour I, Fontana P, Rack JG, Ahel I. Mol Cell. 62(3):432-42. (2016).
- Acute exposure to apolipoprotein A1 inhibits macrophage chemotaxis in vitro and monocyte recruitment in vivo. Iqbal AJ, Barrett TJ, Taylor L, McNeill E, Manmadhan A, Recio C, Carmineri A, Brodermann MH, White GE, Cooper D, DiDonato JA, Zamanian-Daryoush M, Hazen SL, Channon KM, Greaves DR, Fisher EA. Elife. 5. pii: e15190. (2016).